Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tool #5

I decided to create a Wordle using Geometry terms. I think this could be a fun and different way to introduce vocabulary terms at the beginning of a unit. You can also print them out and post them around the classroom. I really enjoyed using Wordle once I got it to work. My Java plugin was not up to date, so the program would not work. After I updated Java, I was able to view the words, change the colors, change the design and remove words if necessary. It was very easy to use, but you don't have as much freedom as I wanted.

Here is my example:

Wordle: Geometry Terms


I also created a comic strip using http://www.makebeliefscomix.com/ . This was fairly time consuming and wouldn't be time effective for me to use for lesson making. However, it would be something fun for the students to create after a unit to demonstrate their understanding of the topic. The students would need to describe the topic, vocabulary, and how they understood the topic. They also are able to use some creativity when creating a comic strip.

Here is the link to my comic:

Pythagorean Theorem Comic

No comments:

Post a Comment